Friday, August 18, 2006

Wasted holidays...

So, I have now been off work for just over a week, and what have I accomplished in that time? Nothing. Well, maybe not nothing, maybe just next to nothing. I guess that is the consequence of getting sick on your first day off. Sucks.
We took in a few fringe shows, got a plumber out, and most frivolously splashed out on a ridiculously expensive (but gorgeous) apple monitor.

You know, I have been writing this for some time now and the widget still doesn't seem to be working. I wonder what the hell is the matter with it. It used to work the way we had it set up before. Ah well, never mind.

The ongoing saga of our building's plumbing also raised its ugly head again today. I spoke to my neighbour this morning and discovered that if the problem is not the responsibility of Scottish Water, then it might actually require our entire stair to be dug up. I don't like the sound of that at all, especially considering that our flat has quite enough crap to deal with anyway. I am getting so sick of this place recently, it is like a needy little child that is never content with the amount of attention it receives. Yuck.

Speaking of which, I had sent the OP a warning email about the potential nightmare that may be about to ensue from the bathroom leak, and she seemed well keen to sell up ASAP. That took me a little off guard, but I suppose she must be looking forward to making the decisions for whatever her next step will be. Still, her suggestion was to sell up and move on next summer and I think that is just a little too early for me. It would be nice to have hit my big salary before having to find a rental.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home