Friday, August 18, 2006

Radio 4 'The Now Show' - not quite as good in real life

Saw the above show at the fringe in Edinburgh last week. Pretty good, but somehow not as funny in real life as it was on the radio (or rather, podcast, since I rarely actually listen to the radio).

The gags were all kinda amusing, but maybe they were just caught off their stride as this was the same day that UK airports got totally locked down by the whole terrorist plot situation. And I was terribly disappointed by the absence of a certain Mr Marcus Brigstocke, of whom I am a huge fan.

I was interested by the audience profile though. We were safely in the youngest quartile, not something that I can say very often as we both lumber inexorably towards our thirties. There were also a handful of much younger kids, some who were obviously accompanying their parents, but also a fair few of late teens kind of age. Actually, I wish I had discovered this show much earlier, as it is pretty damn funny most of the time.

Still, I guess I shouldn't complain, it was still quite amusing, and best of all it was totally free!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home